Transportation to Aomori
Aomori, Hirosaki, and Hachinohe are the three gateway cities to Aomori Prefecture.
If you want to quickly and easily get to Aomori Prefecture, then flying is the way to go -- the flight between Tokyo and Aomori Prefecture only takes 1 hour and 20 minutes, and there are two airports -- Misawa Airport for the Nanbu area and Aomori Airport for the Tsugaru area.
If you are coming via a Shinkansen train, the Tohoku Shinkansen runs directly from Tokyo Station to the Hachinohe and Shin-Aomori Stations. The Hokkaido Shinkansen connects Hakodate city and Aomori city in one hour.
- *Information listed on the map is as of January 2022, but is subject to change, so confirm the information in advance before departing.
Getting to Aomori by train
Nagoya - Hachinohe
- Tokaido Shinkansen Approx. 1 hr 40 min
- Tohoku Shinkansen Approx. 2 hr 45 min
Getting to Aomori by airplane
Komaki Airport - Hachinohe
- Komaki Airport
- Fuji Dream Airlines Approx. 1 hr 20 min
- Aomori Airport
- JR Bus Tohoku Approx. 40 min
- Aomori Station
- Aoimori Railway Approx. 1 hr 30 min